What They Want You To Do With That Cake Mix That Expired In 2006...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by magicpigeon, Jun 29, 2011.

1. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Long story short, I'm a terrible cook and the last time I tried to make anything was at least 7 years ago and to this day that bit of burnt icing hasn't come off my saucepan. (Well I managed to get *most* of it off anyways). [​IMG] So my sister has the brilliant idea of buying me some Betty Crocker for the cooking impaired. I never used it and it was rotting away eating up space in the cupboard until I decided to bite the bullet and clean out the entire area. And being the sucker I am little Kiffy managed to convince me that the expired cake mix could be put to good use...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] (Kiffy gets to judge)

I also have a video here where you can see the rest of the birds pigging out [​IMG] Also you can see a little silkie jump at 0:29. Priceless [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  2. LeezyBeezy

LeezyBeezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    Lancaster PA
    Great idea! The little brown silkie is adorable- no way she's missing out!!

3. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    You baked your chickens a cake?!? [​IMG] They aren't spoiled or anything, are they? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Thanks for sharing.

4. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

[​IMG] Yay for chicken cake!!! Watching chickens always makes me smile and chuckle [​IMG] That BA (or whatever she was) must have been having dessert, because her crop was OUT there...lol. Very pretty flock - love your mixture of birds [​IMG]

5. awwww I wouldnt say your are a handicapp cook! they love it just fine and they are soooo picky, it must be made just right. [​IMG]

6. WKYChick

WKYChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2011
    thank you for sharing that was so fun to watch [​IMG]

I found some corn muffin mix back in our pantry, now I am ready to bake for my girls [​IMG]

7. Silkiebawkbawk

Silkiebawkbawk Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2011
    Laveen, AZ
    OMG, that was great. I love how they're all respectful and share! Everyone gets their have at it! I'll have to whip up something (also out of a box!) for my chickies.. They LOVE it when I make them salads. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Umm, consideringyour cooking skills--- are they still alive???? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Quote:WELL there's no poop outside my room so I'd say I Taught Them A Lesson. And let's leave it at that [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by