What to clean my incubator with?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by luvmychickas, Sep 30, 2009.

1. luvmychickas

luvmychickas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Massachusetts
    I have 2 bators that need a good cleaning before I go into my next lockdown. I have 3 bators, yes I am crazy but do I really have to tell you guys that?? [​IMG] Anyways, I have tried to wash with warm water and dish soap and I can't seem to get it as clean as I would like. Is it safe to soak it in warm water with a little bleach? I just have a thing about cleaning and the dish soap isn't cutting it for me LOL [​IMG]

2. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    Yes, clorox is the way to go. Get rid of the soap. A good hot water soak will get out anything that's coming out and the clorox will take out most stains. It will yellow after a while, but not bad. And clorox is deadly to those germs. It will smell quite strong at first, and will need to air for a while afterwards.

3. luvmychickas

luvmychickas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Oh I am so happy LOL. I need things a certain way and I LOVE cleaning everything with bleach, so I was hoping it was safe [​IMG] Will be getting that soaking asap [​IMG] Thank you again!!

4. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    I use a bleach spray every time. It is the only way to kill all the bacteria.

5. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    I love the clorox clean up spray. I also tried greenworks organic cleaner and liked it. the clorox just makes it white and new~

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by