what to do about idiots next door?

Please make the police in your community aware of the situation and make it abundantly clear that habitual drug use going on.
Get an order or protection. The problem is that it may not help much depending on where you live. Aside from the dog, daytime and nightime video surveillance is in order. If you can afford it, a shotgun will help you sleep better at night.

Suzy
frow.gif

Quote:
They know these guys all too well, and I am sure there's a BATF file a couple inches thick.

I am in the fire service as a volunteer, and every time I talk to one of the law officers & they learn my last name they are shocked that there is a 'good' one in my family.

Quote:
They know these guys all too well, and I am sure there's a BATF file a couple inches thick.

I am in the fire service as a volunteer, and every time I talk to one of the law officers & they learn my last name they are shocked that there is a 'good' one in my family.

If the police are aware of what's going on, how are they addressing the problem?

Suzy

caf.gif

We had a similar problem - yep it was relatives! We checked with local law and then actually checked the laws! After a verbal warning from us and then a visit to them from the cops warning them to stay off we were able to tell the local law that we felt "threatened" by these people. Here anyway, once you are able to establish that you "feel threatened" by some one who repeatedly trespasses you're entitled to shoot!
lol.png

I made sure said trespassers were fully aware that this point had passed. DH saw therm headed our way once more and he went out with a rifle in his hands. They found someplace else they needed to be.
lau.gif

Quote:
hu.gif
I dunno. Several years ago the idiots were shooting AT EACH OTHER in the middle of the night and there was all this hollering. Now we live in the country - it's quiet and the sound travels a long way.

Probably all the cops in the county came out. They parked at the top of the driveway which is a quarter mile long and just sat there and waited until someone (drunk) finally came out & they arrested him. They wouldn't even go down their road.

I think if people around them aren't complaining, they don't want to mess with these guys. No one wants to complain because who know what these guys will do.

I have WHAT in my yard? :

We had a similar problem - yep it was relatives! We checked with local law and then actually checked the laws! After a verbal warning from us and then a visit to them from the cops warning them to stay off we were able to tell the local law that we felt "threatened" by these people. Here anyway, once you are able to establish that you "feel threatened" by some one who repeatedly trespasses you're entitled to shoot!
lol.png

I made sure said trespassers were fully aware that this point had passed. DH saw therm headed our way once more and he went out with a rifle in his hands. They found someplace else they needed to be.
lau.gif

Colorado has the good old 'Make My Day' law. You can protect yourself in this state. The problem is they can shoot back and a law won't stop a bullet...​

Back
Top Bottom