What to do about my injured baby rabbit?

BellsCluckers

Chirping
Apr 21, 2015
Mama rabbit (even though her nails are clipped) has clawed one of her babies feeding. What can I use to help the baby not get an infection? Anything will help thank you!

Mama rabbit (even though her nails are clipped) has clawed one of her babies feeding. What can I use to help the baby not get an infection?  Anything will help thank you!

Oh no, sorry to hear that. I like to use Vetricyn, you can get it at most feed stores, and tractor supply has it too. It's for open wounds, and they have a liquid and a gel kind, both in a squirt bottle that looks like this-

You can spray it right on the wound, and spray every couple or few hours, however long it takes for it to heal, and however long it stays on them. It's like an animal peroxide. It is safe for ALL animals, even if it just shows a picture of a cat, dog, or horse. I hope this helps you!

I agree, Vetericyn works great. You could also try covering it with a light layer of triple antibiotic ointment after spraying with Vetericyn for extra protection (make sure the ointment is NOT the type with pain-killer, however. Neosporin works great as long as it does not contain pain-killer. Though any brand will do).

Back
Top Bottom