What to do about rejected peacock? Help!

Snow Briar

Chirping
Feb 18, 2023
One of our peahens chicks hatched today, but at some point fell or was pushed from the nest. It was fluffy and dry and cheeping, but mom was making no move to respond to it. I returned it by the mother (without touching) and it sat there, then became interested in me. I'm worried that the chick was rejected and that the mother will hurt it. I know that the chicks can survive for a while without food or water, but I'm not sure how old it is. I'm mostly just worried that it will be hurt. But if it is rejected it might die anyway. What are your suggestions? Take it and hand raise it? Leave it for a night and see what happens? Please, and thank you very much.

One of our peahens chicks hatched today, but at some point fell or was pushed from the nest. It was fluffy and dry and cheeping, but mom was making no move to respond to it. I returned it by the mother (without touching) and it sat there, then became interested in me. I'm worried that the chick was rejected and that the mother will hurt it. I know that the chicks can survive for a while without food or water, but I'm not sure how old it is. I'm mostly just worried that it will be hurt. But if it is rejected it might die anyway. What are your suggestions? Take it and hand raise it? Leave it for a night and see what happens? Please, and thank you very much.
Feel free to reply with the best advice you can, but it is fine now. The chick was accepted back after leaving it for a few hours with the mom. 😊

Back
Top Bottom