what to do Pest or Predetor LOOK at this

no the babies little eyes are open ,but they're little ears are still mostly closed and yes they go back under the shed and mower tonight to see if she showsup to get them thanks all

I had skunks and they never attacked/hurt any grown chickens, would just eat eggs that some of the free range hens laid out and about.

They also would "dine" with my outside cats. One time I was petting the cats and actually petted one of the skunks. It just looked up at me as I slowly backed away.
gig.gif

My neighbor wound up shooting them as he swore they carried rabies.
sad.png
They sure were cute though....

If she'd come get them and take them away, great. I'd be worried she'd come back and continue to live there with her brode and then you'll have 6 full grown skunks living around your place. I'd call animal control to come get them all.

Quote:
Not to worry. These folks have not been bitten by the skunks (who in all likelihood don't have rabies). Worse case scenario is that a person bit by a rabid animal would need rabies shots (no longer in stomach - shots are given in the arm these days). As far as testing animals for rabies, that can only be done by killing them. This skunk momma was clearly taking good care of her babies (as they look really well) so it is unlikely that she is rabid. It is good to be concerned for people, let's just not get unnecessarily alarmed. Wildlife rehabbers handle all manner of such beings all the time without much, if any, worry. Hopefully mom and babies will reunite soon and when her babies get old enough they will find new territories of their own, as is normal.

If an animal acts unusually, aggressive, listless, or sick and is a species that can contract rabies, there would be cause for taking care in handling, and for getting the help of wildlife experts.
JJ

Last edited:
i really don't think myself and dear hubby need Rabies shots from picking the little stinkers up and moving them out of the way of the mower,they barley have they're little eyes open the hav'nt tried to bite or claw me they are babies and as healthy as the babies are I really think they're mother is healthy and hopefully she returns tonight for them they are back out there waiting for her ,well she in the morning,if they are still alone I will find a resuce to help them so they don't have to die,they are way to young to be a health concern at this point ,but thanks for all the concern .I just can't set back and let helpless babies of any kind just die

reminds me of the old peppy la phew cartoons-wonder if the cat some of the skunks were dining with had white paint down their backs like the poor hapless cat in the cartoons that he always courted!

Back
Top Bottom