WHAT TO DO??? Silkies on eggs for 23 days and nothing...

tuitui

Hatching
11 Years
Jan 28, 2008
My two silkies have been sitting on buff orbington eggs for 23 days now and nothing
sad.png
I candled on day 21 and the 3 eggs I looked at didn't let light through except at the top where the air bubble is at. I've never done this before so I'm not an expert candler but I did compare them with unfertilized egg and they were nothing alike. Could the eggs seem so dense because they're rotten inside? Should I try to pip one of the eggs myself to see if anything is going on inside? Or should I just keep waiting? If so for how long? If the eggs won't hatch what on earth will I do with my silkies????? They will be so depressed...

The eggs are probably dense because that is the chick. If it were rotten, it would have clearer parts in it, and the inside would be cloudy looking. When you candle them, you should try to see if there is any movement. That is what you need to be looking for this late in the game.

Thanks! I will candle again tonight if there is no progress - I'll take more time and see if I can spot anyone moving. I never thought I'd be such a wreck about this!!

Back
Top Bottom