What to do, what to do....

sewchick

One Handy Chick
15 Years
Jan 7, 2009
Maine
Here's the thing. I put eggs in the incubator Jan 1st ok or so I thought. Well twice they fell out to the racks while I was trying to get the other chicks out into an egg carton to hatch. I have two sets of eggs a week apart in the incubator as of jan 1st I thought. The first set has hatched. All but one. Ok now here is the tricky part. After they fell out twice I figured they would not hatch. Figured I had killed them all. They were due on the 21st the 18th I took them out of the rack and into the egg carton in the incubator. Well a number of days went by. I figured they were all dead...sooooo I shut off the incubator and let them sit there until I had a chance to throw them out. Today I finally remembered it two days later. I go to put them in the compost bucket and low and behold I HEAR PEEPS. At first I thought they were the chickens down cellar peeping. It was not. It is the chicks in the eggs. Here is my dilemma do I cull them now or do you think they can possibly hatch after two days of being cold...I think that having so many things going on here I got the hatch time wrong. Maybe I put them in on the 3rd. What would you do? I have them in the incubator now. Not sure what will happen. Will they be deformed? Thanks for any help you might have.

Quote:
Well if they are in the shell and die it's a lot more easier than to cull them alive and suffering.

Back
Top Bottom