1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What to do?? what to do??

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by peepmommy, Apr 4, 2012.

1. peepmommy

peepmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2012
    I know this may not be the right place to post this, but I am thinking about hatching eggs. I want a broody so badly so the chicks can integrate easily into the flock. I wanted to get a couple of different breeds than what I have now. My problem is that it just seems like so much work to get a broody hen!! Should I wait until one goes broody, then order, egg watch and stress?? OR should I just get peeps at the store? What is everyone's experience of integrating peeps into an established flock?? PLEASE HELP ME MAKE A GOOD CHOICE!!! :) Thanks a bunch!

2. highpointfarm

highpointfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2012
    Orange County NY
    A broody would definetly be the easier, less stressfull choice... You cant make a hen go broody... They will go when the time is right.. What i have found helps though is to get the plastic easter eggs, and put 10 in the hens favorite nesting box..... Hope this helps

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by