What to do with a GIGANTIC pigeon loft?

SkunkWhisperer

Chirping
Dec 3, 2015
My my new neighbor has the Taj Mahal of pigeon lofts -- 80' x 10' with skylights, windows, electricity throughout, grate floor, etc...and NO PIGEONS. Further, he and his wife can barely keep up with their kids, so they are not considering getting a few hundred (thousand?) birds to fill the place. They don't need that kind of room for storage, and they don't want to have another residence on their property.

My question for you pigeon aficionados is this: What would you recommend they do with it? Apparently the cost of razing the structure would be around $3,000, but that seems so very wasteful. Any advice would be very much appreciated!

(P.S. It's located near Denver, Colorado, if that makes a difference.)

welcome-byc.gif
Wow! Can't give advice without knowing their goals for their home, but that is an incredible set-up.

welcome-byc.gif
Wow! Can't give advice without knowing their goals for their home, but that is an incredible set-up.
Yes, it is an incredible set-up! The previous owner was a hard core pigeon racer with a heap of money...and a construction business, to boot! Even with lord-knows-how-many pigeons in it, it has never smelled at all. I know people's children that aren't treated as well as those pigeons were.

To the new neighbors it is an eyesore taking up a chunk of land. I think they just want it gone, unless there's some other use for it. But it's not like they could accommodate Percheron Chick's funny comment and just give her 20' of it.

Find someone online who races pigeons, and ask any reasonable offer, or just give to organization of homers or rollers.
I've looked, without success. One pigeon site was for kids. Another didn't have a forum or classified ads. The others just seem like individuals with their "look at me" site. Is there a racing/homing pigeon HQ website similar to BYC? Hokum Coco is in Canada, and this loft is as big as a small house. Honestly, wouldn't be too surprised if the neighbors sold it very, VERRRRRY inexpensively to anybody who was willing to move it.

"Pigeon talk", is a worldwide pigeon forum or website. Alotts racing pigeon people on there. Check out for groups on Facebook. Hope goes to good use! I was joking of house going to hocum coco, as thought it'd be dream of most homer people to have.

Back
Top Bottom