What to do with aggressive non layer?

I have tried intergrating a few more chickens in her coop now, so a cockerel and 3 pullets. Maybe the cockerel will settle her arguments and she won't pester the pullets maybe.. Hopefully. Otherwise I'll have to rehome or have her in her own. It seems mean to have her in a cage separated from the rest. So if I can't rehome I may have to cull - I have done broomstick method once with a very sick hen to out her out if her misery.
She obviously has no hen hormones since she never has been broody and never laid an egg but she will submit to a rooster mating for some reason. Strange.

We can down to -3 degree C. through Winter months. We had snow here last Winter and plenty of frosts.
That's not too bad, she will be fine in my experiences. We can get down to -20's F, and my silkies did fine. Some chickens sit close when cold and some don't.

I guess you are in a position where you have to choose which birds should be happier. Stress from bullying isn't good on birds either.

Last edited:
That's not too bad, she will be fine in my experiences. We can get down to -20's F, and my silkies did fine. Some chickens close when cold and some don't.

I guess you are in a position where you have to choose which birds should be happier. Stress from bullying isn't good on birds either.
That's not too bad, she will be fine in my experiences. We can get down to -20's F, and my silkies did fine. Some chickens close when cold and some don't.

Ok if she will be fine in her own I'll separate her today, she's just too mean and stressing my pullets. Thanks for your advice.

Back
Top Bottom