What to do with all the feathers?

SproutGirl

Songster
11 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Missoula, Montana
So, what does everyone do with all of their chicken feathers? I've entertained my house cats with them, but there are only so many cat toys that you can make. So, I'm wondering if anyone has come up with something useful and creative to do with all of these wonderful feathers!
yippiechickie.gif

Can we make our own feather dusters? Seems like it should be easy and nothing picks up dust like feathers . . .

I collect all the nice clean ones, and then if we're ever giving eggs away i give them a feather of the hens that laid the eggs, too
big_smile.png

My six year old daughter is all over that! She usually collects all the feathers and then tries to match them up with the chickens. It's the simple things...

you might want to offer some on craigslist or ebay for those guys who make their own lures for fly fishing.
they use lots of feathers for the lures, all differant types and sizes.
we did a small zip-lock snackbag size (like you'd put 4-5 Oreo's in) for 2.00 a bag at a local sportsman swap meet - sold out in two hours!!

Wow! Fly lures are a great idea! I live in Western Montana where fliy fishing is practically required of all residents. I've been wanting to take it up, although I've doubted whether or not I could kill and gut the fish myself.

Of course, tickling a napping spouse sounds like an excellent use for a chicken feather . . . Yes indeed!
tongue2.gif
wee.gif
tongue2.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom