what to do with chickens during smoke?

froggyphore

Songster
Sep 20, 2019
i’m on the east coast and the smoke from the west reached us a few days ago. this morning is was so thick that there wasn’t any visibility past 50~ feet, but its cleared up quite a bit, you almost can’t see it in the distance. the weather report says the air is unsafe but it just smells a bit acrid to me. my hens bave been out since the morning and are fine, but should i bring them inside or something? tyia

Ugg yeah Its been awful here to on Cape Cod. I think as long as they are not wheezing or breathing opened mouth they are OK. I have one hen that was very sick in June and I did notice she was wheezing a bit in the smoke . If she had looked in more distress I would have brought her into the AC.

Ugg yeah Its been awful here to on Cape Cod. I think as long as they are not wheezing or breathing opened mouth they are OK. I have one hen that was very sick in June and I did notice she was wheezing a bit in the smoke . If she had looked in more distress I would have brought her into the AC.
oof sorry its hitting you so hard. hopefully it clears soon. i have a lot of bush cover luckily. i’m sorry to hear about your lady.

Back
Top Bottom