What to do with extra eggs??

Lollychicken

Songster
Feb 13, 2021
Hi, so at the moment we are hatching our large chickens eggs, and have got a few bantam pullets laying so we have so many eggs and we have no idea what to do with them... Currently we have 10 dozen bantam eggs just sitting in cartons in the kitchen (they are brown leghorns so they are all laying roughly an egg a day) anyone got any ideas on what we can make with or do with these eggs?

I have about 10 dozen on hand also. With covid underfoot I stopped giving my extra eggs away and usually just scramble up a couple of dozen for our 6 dogs or a couple dozen to feed back to the chickens.

For the chickens you don't even have to remove the shells just crush them up as you stir them.

Nothing goes to waste around here.

Hi, so at the moment we are hatching our large chickens eggs, and have got a few bantam pullets laying so we have so many eggs and we have no idea what to do with them... Currently we have 10 dozen bantam eggs just sitting in cartons in the kitchen (they are brown leghorns so they are all laying roughly an egg a day) anyone got any ideas on what we can make with or do with these eggs?
egg casserole! Or give them away or sell!

I have about 10 dozen on hand also. With covid underfoot I stopped giving my extra eggs away and usually just scramble up a couple of dozen for our 6 dogs or a couple dozen to feed back to the chickens.

For the chickens you don't even have to remove the shells just crush them up as you stir them.

Nothing goes to waste around here.
Good idea!! Thankyou!!

You might be able to post a craigslist listing to sell them! Ask family members if they want any or neighbors! Or even you could possibly throw some in a woods by your house and let the wildlife have them (just not too close to your coop);)!

I dont know why donation of eggs should stop during covid.
Seems to me the need is still there , even more so.
Doesnt sound like these eggs are refrigerated. Eggs should be refrigerated for sale or donation.
Feed them back to your chickens.
Or start cooking and baking.
Yes, most of them aren't refrigerated (mainly because there is absolutely no space in the fridge). I was thinking or making things that use a heap of eggs, not just one or two. Thinking quiches, or something like that

Back
Top Bottom