What to Do With Giant Eggs

Quote:
Washington state where the OP is from is having record heat this summer, they would go bad way to quickly, I would not want to take that chance with my family. I do this most of the winter, but summer is another story. I love to leave them on the counter and be at room temp ready to use also.

I live in Texas where every summer is a heatwave, and we can leave ours on the counter for at least a few days with NO problems whatsoever. And our house is not overly air conditioned - it's hot inside too. Just make sure to rotate the older ones to the fridge if they don't get used right away.

My first chickens were golden comets. I still have one of them and she is 5. She still lays those huge eggs.

Not but 2 or 3 a week now but she still lays the largest eggs of all the other chickens I have had.

She is super friendly too. One of my fav breeds.

Obviously there are a lot of conflicting opinions when there are so many diverse people, each to their own and do whatever you think is best for YOUR family. Like I said I had one start to develop and that was enough for me to come to my opinion, do whatever you want that is the beauty of life.

jnkir7, when I took that picture I had high hopes that he was a pullet. Notice that nice rounded top hat. That is him at about 8 or 9 weeks old. He looks very different now. Here is a pic of that Polish roo at 12 weeks.

31758_black_polish_portrait.jpg

Here is a pic of my other Polish roo at 14 weeks.

31758_polish_roos.jpg

Yup, 2 streight run Polish chicks and two Polish roos.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom