What to do with male quail

6Chickens&counting

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 7, 2011
So I think I've come to the conclusion that I have all males. I vent sexed them and they all have that little bulb thing. I successfully hatched 8 baby tibetan coturnix quail 6 months ago and they all are male! I know many of the bloggers on "backyard chickens" use the birds for meat but I just can't do that. There's nothing wrong with eating fresh meat from a chicken or quail but I personally cannot do it. Any suggestions on what to do with them? I've thought of one idea and that's to give them to my neighbor to butcher and then he can have half and my family can have the other half. Thanks for the help! :)

Someone in your area might be looking for a male or just some for pets. You could try placing a ad on craigslist.

In my opinion, giving them to your neighbor would be the most economical route go. Most people who buy males, usually only buy one at a time, and for me at least, they usually stay around and eat more moneys worth of food than I get for selling them by the time they're gone.
If you put them up for sale on Craigslist cheap enough, I'm sure someone would buy them to eat them theirselves.

Back
Top Bottom