What to do with my roos

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by MegaChickens, Nov 6, 2012.

1. MegaChickens

MegaChickens Out Of The Brooder

Oct 8, 2012
    I have one Rhode Island Red and one Speckled Sussex rooster that I need to get rid of very soon. I only wanted hens but out of the eight pullets I paid for I got three cockerels. I need to get rid of the two because they'll be almost 5 months soon... I put them on Craigslist & I have put a flyer up in my local Agway and Tractor Supply. I need to get rid of them soon and I don't know what to do, any ideas?

2. TurtlePowerTrav

TurtlePowerTrav T.K.'s Farm

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop
    Try reposting in the Buy-sell-trade forum with the rehome sub forum.

3. ChickensRDinos

ChickensRDinos Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2012
    Los Angeles
    I think craigslist, your local bulletin boards and the free section of this site are going to be your best options. It may take a little time to find a good home.

If it were me personally I would process and eat them. You could give them to an animal shelter but will have to pay a fee and they will likely be euthanized so you might as well eat them if that is your only option.

4. Smoochie

Smoochie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2012
    CANADA
    I would handwrite an ad with a photo and Color photo copy it. Then I would place it on the mailboxes and slip it into the free papers. I would also post lots of ads on the Internet. People want to know age, breed, personality and reason for rehoming. I often offer free delivery ( within reason) as I like to check out the new home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by