What to do with old eggs??

Pics

LulaBell

Songster
Jul 22, 2018
Southeast Ohio
My neighbors wife was sick and he had to be at the hospital with her. He had an abundance of eggs he gave me to try to get rid of for him. I had about 4 dozen left that have been setting in my fridge. I floated them and ended up with about 1 1/2 - 2 dozen that floated. What can I do with these eggs? Anything?....cook and feed them to my dogs or back to my birds, throw them away? I would hate for them to go to waste if there is something I can do with them.

This is what I do with my old eggs...i hard boil them then put them shells and all in the food processor then feed them back to my birds
20180416_133238.jpg

I assumed that when an egg floats it is "bad" and should not be consumed. At least not by humans. So they would be ok to eat, or atlest cook in things?
There’s no discrete rule / measure (i.e. float = not fit for human consumption, sinks = fit for human consumption). Surely we all have a rough idea how old our chickens’ eggs are :confused: if not, then don’t do the float test, maybe :idunno

ETA: missed LGs post before i hit send

Why would you donate eggs to a homeless shelter if you don't deem them fit for you to eat???
He never said they weren't suitable for consumption, he just didn't know what to do with the abundance of eggs that he has! He could crack one of the floaters and if it's rancid, then yeah, I would suggest just throwing it away.... but if it's still good, why not donate it to those that can use it?!

-*Waits for an apology*- :p

Back
Top Bottom