what to do with roo

Ms. O...aka Jean

Chirping
Aug 21, 2018
I have a pair of old english games. I was wondering if the rooster will try (or even could) mate with my much bigger other hens. I would really not like it if I had to make another run and coop for these 2 little ones. Is there any other way I could prevent that from happening?......Thanks for the help....Jean

I assume you have a pair of bantams. He absolutely will try and mate your bigger girls. The effectiveness will depend on him, but he can pull it off. Why are you opposed to him breeding with your bigger girls? Is there another rooster in there and you are planning on hatching his offspring?

I assume you have a pair of bantams. He absolutely will try and mate your bigger girls. The effectiveness will depend on him, but he can pull it off. Why are you opposed to him breeding with your bigger girls? Is there another rooster in there and you are planning on hatching his offspring?
No I really am not planning on hatching anything, I was just wondering if he would even try.

Mickey Rooney was married about 8 times and I think most if not all were taller than him (he was 5'3"). Many were models. He had a slew of kids. Just sayin' .....

Mickey Rooney was married about 8 times and I think most if not all were taller than him (he was 5'3"). Many were models. He had a slew of kids. Just sayin' .....
:lau think they could probably get those parts lined up easier than my chickens....still :lau

I used to have a polish bantam with all standard sized hens. The first time I saw him try and mate one he actually got her to squat for him. Then he jumped up there, wobbled around and fell off. He walked around for a minute (I assume trying to talk himself up to trying again "I've got this. I've just gotta go for it!". He came back to her and she chased him off! HAHA "Yeah... NO. I gave you your shot!" :lau He was awesome!
20180205_144917 (1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom