What to do with rooster

When you first put your babies in the enclosed coop you will not want to let them out into the run for several days. By keeping them inside for 3 days to a week they begin to recognize this place as a safe place, home.
With that in mind, if your coop is ready and they are able to be in there, feathered out, then by all means put them in there! Let them get acclimated to their new home while you continue to build the new, secured run. YAY!:wee

With that in mind, if your coop is ready and they are able to be in there, feathered out, then by all means put them in there! Let them get acclimated to their new home while you continue to build the new, secured run
Absolutely!
How I did it when I started, lit a fire under me to get the run done.

The fact that the comb is that red and it is rowdy makes me believe it is a cockerel. He is starting to feel the beginnings of those hormones,and will only get worse as time goes on. Time to separate him from the girls with a partition so he can see but not touch IMO

The fact that the comb is that red and it is rowdy makes me believe it is a cockerel. He is starting to feel the beginnings of those hormones,and will only get worse as time goes on. Time to separate him from the girls with a partition so he can see but not touch IMO

Back
Top Bottom