What to do with Roosters?

I'm interested in the replies to this, too. I have 2 Production Red cockerels that I thought were pullets. I am told that there will not be much meat on them, and I'm squeamish about eating a former pet. I'm worried about re-homing them because I have heard that there is some cockfighting in the area, and I certainly would not want them to end up in a bad situation.

I'm interested in the replies to this, too. I have 2 Production Red cockerels that I thought were pullets. I am told that there will not be much meat on them, and I'm squeamish about eating a former pet. I'm worried about re-homing them because I have heard that there is some cockfighting in the area, and I certainly would not want them to end up in a bad situation.
If you are just squeamish about eating them you can always do what I did with my birds. My wife could not eat chickens that we raised so I bought a pack of chickens from the market and mixed them in with our chicken, cooked them all together, and the wife didn't know the difference, and has been ok with it ever since.

Back
Top Bottom