What to do with small bits left in feed?

I can't get pellet version as it has anti cocci stuff in it I can't use for layers.
I give them the option of the powdery bits or the wet powdery version, they do prefer the wet version but that's their options so I can get rid of it without wasting it all. But still so much waste!
I haven't tried milk or yoghurt though so that might be my next option to try 😄
Amprolium has no egg withdrawal. So it's safe to consume the eggs.

They use antibiotic type stuff in other feeds here not ok for layers but natural oil type anti cocci in feed that I buy and I have amprolium on hand in case.
Antibiotics is for infections, & most places banned the use of antibiotics in feed.

Amprolium is commonly added in feed as a preventative against Coccidiosis. Natural stuff can't rid coccidia. Amprolium is a Thiamine blocker.

Antibiotics is for infections, & most places banned the use of antibiotics in feed.

Amprolium is commonly added in feed as a preventative against Coccidiosis. Natural stuff can't rid coccidia. Amprolium is a Thiamine blocker.
All feed stores here have said not ok to give to layers the other brands only the Seedhouse chick starter grower ok as it doesn't have anti-cocci in it ... Bovatec® 20CC (Lasaloacid Sodium) 80mg
I have the amprolium in hand in case there's cocci coz I know the natural stuff doesn't prevent cocci.

OP is in Australia.
Different country, different rules for what can go in the animal feed.
It also might have different rules for whether a given substance is allowed in feed for laying hens-- just because one country thinks it is safe to eat eggs when a hen has a certain medicine, does not mean another country thinks the same thing.

All feed stores here have said not ok to give to layers the other brands only the Seedhouse chick starter grower ok as it doesn't have anti-cocci in it ... Bovatec® 20CC (Lasaloacid Sodium) 80mg

Thanks for giving the name!
I looked it up on google, and found Lasalocid Sodium (slightly different spelling)
Yup, everything I find says that it's fine for chicks and broilers, but not to feed it to laying hens because it shows up in the eggs at too high a rate.

That is definitely NOT the amprolium that is in the "medicated" chick starters in the USA.

Back
Top Bottom