What to do with the roosters?

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by Arizona Chicks, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Arizona Chicks

Arizona Chicks New Egg

Aug 21, 2013
    My babies have gotten all grown up, and two of the "girls" started crowing recently. I live in an area where the 5:00 am hollering could cause some trouble. The birds are beautiful. One is an Ameraucana and the other is a Cochin. Sure would like to find the boys a home. I live near Payson Arizona, but could deliver them to the valley.

I can post pictures if anyone is interested.

Arizona Chicks
  2. Beaky Buzzard

Beaky Buzzard Chillin' With My Peeps

I have the same problem......
  3. Aerielle

Aerielle Out Of The Brooder

Nov 9, 2012
    Orange, CA
    I put mine in a cat carrier in the garage at night to not disturb the neighbors. I let him out each morning at 830. It's kept my neighbors happy and I let them all know if there is a problem with the noise to please let me know. So far it's the best solution, although high maintainence! Now I have 5 Roos tho!! Trying to rehome some...
  4. Sallyintucson

Sallyintucson Out Of The Brooder

Aug 16, 2013
    Good idea but some towns don't allow roosters. (I live in Tucson and roosters are big no no)
  5. Sallyintucson

Sallyintucson Out Of The Brooder

Aug 16, 2013
    Just thought of another place to give away your roos in the Tucson area: see if The Food Bank is keeping their chickens out of city limits. Can't hurt to give them a call....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by