What to do???

I have some loose yellow gold poop in my hen yard. Not sure which one is pooping it. I have treated a chick with Corid at 1 month old and she survived and thrived. My question is if I put Corid in their water for what possibly the start of Coccisdosis will it hurt the ones that don't have it???? None of them are loosing weight at this point or acting sick. Is this course of treatment advisable????

Honestly I asked this same question of my vet after he diagnosed my young chick with cocci. He said no need to treat unless they show symptoms. In this situation the chick was separated from the others early on due to an eye infection. His thoughts were the infection made her more susceptible to cocci which was why it was present in the stool sample (no bloody stools at this point). After I insisted, he said to treat the batch that she came with and monitor the adults (Adults were 100% separate, bio security and alI). Per his advice, I treated only the litter mates, with a lower dosage of corid of course. No one else seemed to develop coccidiosis.

It is strongly recommended to following up corid with vitamins!

I have three barred rocks, 3 yrs old, been good layers, large coop. Now it's been two weeks no eggs, one picked bad and another is being picked on. I let then out to free range every day and they run straight under this tree and stay there. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom