1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What to do??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TMNTCkins, Dec 2, 2011.

1. TMNTCkins

TMNTCkins Chillin' With My Peeps

Well I was stupid.... What do you do when you paid for something but have not been givin what you paid for. I bought wood from a person (I've known them for about 6 mo.) he was suposed to deliver it to my house. It has now been 3 months. I've called and pretty much get the run around. I call again today and his wife says he is sick and is very rude. They say its coming today but I won't hold my breath!! Mabey I need to call more often and really bug them? I only call ever few weeks and I'm nice, just want to know when he is briging my wood.....
    Any advice would be great, I'm not good at this and should have known better!

Tina

2. magnolia-1971

magnolia-1971 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    SE Wisconsin
    [​IMG]
    I would call them every few hours every day until the wood came. Let them know you will be calling them back as soon as the time comes when the wood should be there and it is not. It is a bummer, but the squeeky wheel gets the grease.

3. TMNTCkins

You are right. I called last week and then again today and he just showed up with a small load (better than nothing). Got my fingers crossed I don't have to call again. I hate having to call!!!!

Thanks

4. darkmatter

darkmatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    Quote:Is it firewood you're buying. Buyer beware, is it a full cord, a face cord, or a rick? Pickup load? Also, you should stack it yourself to see if it's a full cord, the practice of stacking more air then wood when you're selling it is still performed.

P.S. Fresh cut greenwood or seasoned, they'll sell you seasoned wood that's still dripping sap.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  5. TMNTCkins

Quote:Is it firewood you're buying. Buyer beware, is it a full cord, a face cord, or a rick? Pickup load? Also, you should stack it yourself to see if it's a full cord, the practice of stacking more air then wood when you're selling it is still performed.

P.S. Fresh cut greenwood or seasoned, they'll sell you seasoned wood that's still dripping sap.

Thanks, it is firewood. Just shy a full cord of oak for $180.00. Out here a full cord of oak is $250.00. I'm stacking it or helping him stack. It is seasoned. I already bought one load from him and it's great wood, just want the other load now.

Thanks again.

6. darkmatter

darkmatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009

Thanks, it is firewood. Just shy a full cord of oak for $180.00. Out here a full cord of oak is $250.00. I'm stacking it or helping him stack. It is seasoned. I already bought one load from him and it's great wood, just want the other load now.

Thanks again.

For that price, buy your own woodcutting tools and have at it:

[​IMG]

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    And this is why I don't pay for anything in advance!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by