What to feed 11 week old chicks?

No, the feed will be fine. I start my chicks out on a 26% protein feed (Show Gold). And when they are around 2 to 3 months old I switch them over to 20% Show Gold grower pellets my brand carries. Many starter/grower feeds are around 19%. Recently the company that makes my feed stopped making the Show Gold chick starter feed I was feeding the chicks and recommended Game Bird starter which is 28% protein. I show my birds. Good luck and have fun...

Last edited:
Hi everyone.
We've been feeding our chicks chick starter and are looking to switch them. I went to the farm today and asked for grower crumbs. When I got home my husband noticed they gave us meat builder pellets. We're wondering if this is acceptable or should I go exchange for something else???
If you look at the tag, on the new feed, it says Multipurpose Poultry Complete.

Different Manufacturers make similar feeds with different names. The same Manufacturer may put the same feed into a bag with a different purpose, (meatbird and game bird feed from Country Feeds) for instance.

The things I look for on a Tag are;
Protein - 18 to 20%
Calcium - 0.75 to 1.40%, up to 1.90% after 7 weeks old.

These are good for all ages and genders of Layer type Chickens.
I give my Hens and Pullets feed with those specs.
For other types of Poultry the Protein requirements are different.
At my local TSC, feeds I buy are called; Start & Grow or Starter-Grower and an All-Flock/Flock Raiser.
I provide Oyster Shells separately after 16 weeks old for the Pullets. GC

Back
Top Bottom