What to feed chicks

SmallPerson

In the Brooder
May 26, 2020
I cant find gamebird starter or feed in my area or online (Im not from the states) and the eggs are soon to hatch. What can I feed my quails? Can I feed them a mix of wild birdfeed and some extra stuff with protein like eggs?

Hello fellow canadian :) . I'm in B.C. I'm not sure about Ontario, but in B.C we have this feed.
Natural Harvest S3 18% Grower Crumble (20kg)
quails have to have lots of protein too. i also occasionally give my grownup quail eggshells. you can get the feed online or at a feed store if they have it.

Do you have any local feed stores near you. They might not have actual gamebird starter but see what the highest protien crumble they have is. Most feed stores around me carry turkey starter, gamebird starter, or chick starter. All of which have at least 24% protein...

Do you have any local feed stores near you. They might not have actual gamebird starter but see what the highest protien crumble they have is. Most feed stores around me carry turkey starter, gamebird starter, or chick starter. All of which have at least 24% protein...
Thank you. I will see if any stores have this kinda of feed.

Back
Top Bottom