What to feed ducks after 6weeks old?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by adorable, May 31, 2010.

1. adorable

adorable Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2007
    near ottawa ontario
    HOw long do i keep them on the starter for?I think they are almost 6 weeks old. What do i go to nest and for how long. Thanks
    They are calls

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  2. adorable

adorable Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2007
    near ottawa ontario
    Oh wow. With all these people raising ducks. I know someone can answer this easy question.

3. Hattiegun

Hattiegun Chillin' With My Peeps

I have calls... I was going to keep them on their 20% str for 6 wks and then i thought
    a couple of them were maybe getting angel wing and immediately switched to 15 %.
    Everyone on here said they switch at around 3 wks.... so I definately say u should switch
    now.... and i feed greens everyday.... not sure about your other ? but someone will answer
    dont worry [​IMG]

4. dot n'dave

dot n'dave Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    CT
    Starting Stage: hatch to 2 weeks=protein 18-20%

Growing Stage: Weeks 3 to 8=protein 15-16%

Developing Stage: weeks 9-20=13-14% protein

Laying Stage: three weeks prior to and throughout the laying season, the requirements for proteins many vitamins, and some minerals increase markedly. 15% protein is adequate, but 16-17% is often used. 18-20% protein will result in larger eggs. Calcium requirements jump to 2.5-3%

Holding or Maintenance Stage: Fully mature not laying12-14% protein requirement

Molting Stage: 15-16% protein for growing feathers.

I got this info from Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks, Dave Hollerread.
    If you don't have it already, get it right away, this book is incredibly valuable!

From 3 weeks till like 20 weeks we feed ours Blue Seal grower Cal and everything seemed just fine.
    Good Luck, and lower that protein!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by