What to feed ducks?!

I dunno about the cff but a good layer feed or special duck & geese feed is always good. You could go to a Grain Elevator and buy the actual grain and mix your own, or even transition over to a Fermented Feed system (FF)... But that is a bit more work for you. Personally, per the advice of my Grain Gurus, I just feed a commercial feed and allow my flock to range. Seems to be working here. As for the eggs, I suspect that her feed intake is not necessarily connected to laying 2x per day, rather, I would bet money that she is a new layer (=young duck) so chances are her reproductive system is just maturing. They do strange things in the beginning sometimes. Why do you think she is "eating too much" and what breed, did you say?

She's a pekin duck. Only 7 months old. She consistently lays 2 eggs just about every day. !! She's a smaller duck but happy go lucky! We just can't eat the eggs and I hate that! Seems like a waste. But most importantly I want her to be fine And i think she is
1f604.png
so I'm not so close to a grain feed store?! She needs more food so I was hoping tomorrow to go get it....hmmm

Back
Top Bottom