What to feed guinea/chicks?

CountryFried

Songster
9 Years
Mar 6, 2010
SE AL
I had a lone guinea egg hatch last night in the incubator, and no one has keets near me, so I had to get chicks. Not sure how to feed them. My older keets are on a 28% quail starter, and my ducklings and goslings are on Flock Raiser. I picked up a small bag of 24% chick starter with the chicks. Guessing it will be at least a month before I can integrate him into the other keets?

Anyway is 24% high enough for him and will it hurt the chicks? What’s my best option for feeding this little group?

Anyway is 24% high enough for him and will it hurt the chicks? What’s my best option for feeding this little group?
20190418_125242.jpg

Well, not ideal to raise these very different fowl together.
Chicks ideal range is 18/23% Protein. Higher range is for Meat Birds. 18/20% for Layers.
A tough call, maybe switch to a 22% Meatbird feed at 1 month, then to a 20% feed at month 2. GC

View attachment 1742811
Well, not ideal to raise these very different fowl together.
Chicks ideal range is 18/23% Protein. Higher range is for Meat Birds. 18/20% for Layers.
A tough call, maybe switch to a 22% Meatbird feed at 1 month, then to a 20% feed at month 2. GC

Thank you so much! I plan to integrate him in with the other keets ASAP, they are 3.5 weeks right now. Unfortunately he was the sole survivor from the eggs someone gave me, and no one in the area has keets available right now. Chicks are my only option for him not to be solo . Thanks so much for that picture. I didn’t know I needed to reduce their protein percentage over time. I could mix the 24% with the Flock Raiser (20%) to get 22%? Of course TSC was clueless and I knew their food requirements were very different. Likely they will only be together for about a month, I’m hoping he can join the other keets then.

Back
Top Bottom