What to feed!?

Hi there!
I have a mixed age flock and have feeders with both Lay Pellets and Chick Starter, plus have dishes of grit and Oyster Shell available at all times. You might feed your Roo chick starter or a game bird feed, if there is one available in your area.

you want your roosters bigger? they will do that on their own as they mature...unless they are a smaller breed.

the layer feed is make specially for laying hens, you could give flock raiser feed with oyster shell on the side when you have roosters...

What type of roos do you have and how old are they now?

Quote:
The roosters will mature out at about 10 lbs...the hens about 8...not sure if you can "make them" bigger...maybe someone else has an idea for you...

The only way to get a BIG rooster is to get a big breed or rooster. If you want him to get big and nice looking then let him freerange when you can and always provide him with good quality food and scratch. I give mine scraps from our meals, not sure how much of that they can eat but mine sure do love leftovers.

I have a friend with over 30 BO...his rooster is not the largest...you would need to get a larger breed...like the Black or White Jersey Giants...they can get to 11 lbs...
But BO get to be about 10, so not a huge difference.

Back
Top Bottom