What to name my farm

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickencoop1996, May 16, 2011.

1. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    I can't think of any names for my farm for some info I breed lionhead rabbits, Breed boer goats, train working steers (oxen),have draft horses to do farm work cultivate,spread manure, plow feilds, hay, give wagon rides and sleigh rides.and am wanting to get into heritage breed chickens only. And We make maple syrup . For some other random things we have a lot of maple trees we have an unbelievable amount of rocks in our soil and have lots of hills around here if that helps. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  2. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Maple Rock Acres

3. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    i would definitely suggest not using something that is common in our area like 'granite', or something that seems to be commonly used like a river/stream's name. you might want to check online for copyrighted names of businesses to be sure you will not use a name taken for another business that could easily be confused when people try to call or email. also, check the Dept of Agriculture and see if they have any listings for registered farms in the state.

good luck!

4. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Drafts make me think of Gentle Giants... but that doesn't really cover your goats or rabbits...

5. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Lionhearts Farm? It's a long shot, I know.

6. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    Maple Hills Farm [​IMG]

7. PineappleMama

Quote:I rather like it myself. Lion for the bunnies (but solely based on their hair) and lion for regal nature of the drafts... and the brave (sic curious) nature of the goats?? I could see that working.

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We had a terrible time with this same thing. We needed generic and attractive because we raise and breed chickens, rabbits and goats. We FINALLY came up Northern Winds Ranch. I wish you all the luck in the world.

9. PineappleMama

Quote:Oh My Giddy Aunt. I have officially been corrupted by Uncle Dan's influence. My first thought on seeing "Northern Winds" was "wow, guess their goats burp a lot" *hangs head*

(Boer) Goats, (Lionhead) Rabbits, (what kind of draft?) Horses, Oxen and (Heritage, which kind) Chickens

Initials... BROCH Farms... err... GROCH... naw too close to Oscar the Grouch... uhh... Chorg... Chorb... eh. Think of those I like BROCH best.

10. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    Rocky Knoll(s) Farm

Rocky Hill(s) Farm

Sounds like you do a lot of things the old fashioned way... plowing with animals etc.

Maybe

Days of Yore Farm

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by