What to use as their flooring?

Nice. I'm doing mine with simple exterior glued plywood painted with exterior paint. I decided it would be cleanable and no additional expense or work . I have enough to do.

We framed in our duck coop and put vinyl flooring in. Then we just add pine chips or straw bedding. Here is a picture before the coop was fully built. It's 2'Wx8'L. We have 6 runner ducks so they don't need a lot of room.View attachment 1064969
How has this been working for you, and how long have you had it like this? Does the vinyl flooring hold up in the temperature extremes? We are considering vinyl planks, but are worried that moisture will get in between the planks and cause a problem.

How has this been working for you, and how long have you had it like this? Does the vinyl flooring hold up in the temperature extremes? We are considering vinyl planks, but are worried that moisture will get in between the planks and cause a problem.

We built the coop in May. So far so good. We use the roll type of vinyl flooring. Glued it down then screwed the walls on top of it.

I also put their wood chips on it. Makes it easy to scrap anything up I need too.

Back
Top Bottom