What to write on my egg labels?

birdy_num_nums

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 28, 2008
My chooks will probably start laying in a few weeks here (yippee!!!). I plan on sharing the wealth of eggs we'll have, perhaps selling a few dozen to neighbors on a regular basis. I am having some sticky labels printed to put on the egg cartons. Do any of you do something similar? Maybe have the cartons themselves printed, or maybe use a rubber stamp to put info on the carton? How do you have it worded, what info do you include?

I'm thinking something like: Fresh, Organic, High-Omega 3 Eggs from happy hens. For more: (my name) (my number)

Would you add info? Delete any?

I would stay away from the word organic unless you can really back it up. People who buy organic are very fussy about the products they buy. There was someone else on this site that had purchased specially made cartons for a good price and they were beautiful!

Thank you for the replies:)

You got me up off my arse to look into organic certification. This from the USDA site:
Who does NOT need to be certified?
Producers and handling (processing) operations that
sell less than $5,000 a year in organic agricultural
products. Although exempt from certification, these
producers and handlers must abide by the national
standards for organic products and may label their
products as organic.

I am making queries about it specifically for my state, but from the above it looks like I'll be in the clear to claim my eggies are Organic
big_smile.png
Sweet!​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom