What treat did your chickies get today?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Plucky Pullet, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Plucky Pullet

Plucky Pullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2010
    Just wondering what your girls (and guys) got for their treat today?

My 3 girls got left over cooked oats w/ maple syrup, mixed in with 1/2 and avocado, and 2 boiled eggs mashed in with the shell. There was some serious grab-n-gulp going on!

2. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    Raisins and oatmeal and a big pile of dry leaves to tear up and play in.

1 person likes this.
  3. Ed62

Ed62 Chillin' With My Peeps

Tomatoes and green beans from the garden. I can't stand it when it's time to close up the garden for winter. Not sure I can make it without fresh tomatoes, but we have beans canned.

Ed

6 people like this.
  4. pookiegoldman

pookiegoldman Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2010
    Grand Isle, Louisiana
    Persimmons - they tore them up in 10 seconds flat!

5. pookiegoldman

pookiegoldman Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2010
    Grand Isle, Louisiana
    Persimmons - they tore them up in 10 seconds flat!

6. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

It is full fall here but it when I got home from work and let the chickens out it was 82 degrees and the run and coop didn't have leafy trees to shade them so I made a special trip to go get nice cold watermelon for them as Zippy really loves it. Zippy had two bites and took off and Cleo jumped on my back and wiped her beak on my t-shirt. Next time - lima beans for those ingrates.

4 people like this.
  7. franklinchickens

franklinchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Franklin, TN
    Okra from the garden (I cut them long-wise & they eat the inside), strawberries, and some pear my daughter didn't eat. Plus scratch. It was 80 degrees today so we haven't broken out the warm stuff yet.
    The biggest problem I'm having is them pecking at my nail polish thinking they are grapes! Ouch.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  8. Plucky Pullet

Plucky Pullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2010
    Quote:[​IMG] about the grapes. Speaking of which my girls love strawberries. My mom came over with sandals on the other day and she has red toenails.... needless to say my girls thought her toes were moving strawberry target practice and chased my mom all over our back garden [​IMG] I gae her some socks, after I stopped laughing.

9. The Egg Bandit

The Egg Bandit Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2010
    My little darlings got leftover pasta salad (cucumber got a wee bit slimy for my taste), goat's milk whey from cheese-making, celery stalk bits, and carrot tops. Oh, and this huge monster grasshopper I found outside the front door. That "chicken run" was hysterical to watch!
    Go ladies go!!!!

1 person likes this.
  10. kichohana

kichohana Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Johnston County, NC
    the worms i encountered when digging a hole to plant my beautyberry - the boys love running the worms to the run and holding them through the wire and then watching the girls play "keep-away"! [​IMG]

FrankieDoodle and TulsaChickens like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by