What treat did your chickies get today?

Quote:
Pickies!!! Love it!!
gig.gif

I've got half a pumkin I may cook to see if my girls will eat it that way, they sure aren't impressed w/ raw pumkin, it's been in the run for about a week now.

Mine got their morning cooked oats and our left over pancakes torn in little pieces. Our little rooster always takes a piece gently out of your hand and gives it to one of his girls.

Quote:
Don't ya just love them gentleman roos!
love.gif

Yes, I don't think my roo will ever be that kind to the ladies.
Well, maybe when they start giving him something to crow about.

Quote:
Don't ya just love them gentleman roos!
love.gif

Yes, I don't think my roo will ever be that kind to the ladies.
Well, maybe when they start giving him something to crow about.

yuckyuck.gif

I have a young rooster that is just not feeling well so he gets special things all day long with his feed.Today he got meal worms mixed in with cottage cheese,some peas carrots and some cooked chicken(don`t tell him what he was eating) He is mouting big time and has been limping for a few weeks so I put him in a cage in the coop with the rest of his buddies,going to keep him in there for a few more days to see if it will make a difference in the limp,have no idea what happened to him it came on slowly.

Mine wound up with a bunch of pumpkin guts, three pomegranates, and a chunk of pumpkin. The 3rd graders were doing seed counting experiments today so I have plenty of pumpkin, pumpkin guts, pomegranates, cantaloupes, and various different squashes stashed for the future. It is sooooo good to be the classroom Mom
celebrate.gif

We just got our electricity back after that snowstorm, so my chilly chickens got warmed up layer mash with oats, and warm fresh water throughout the day. They thanked me with nice full bellys and 3 of the new pullets laid their first eggs for me!

Back
Top Bottom