What treat did your chickies get today?

D.gif
Warm oatmeal, left over scrambled eggs and couple of crumbled up biscuits from an early breakfast. Had to get up early to get a fire going....was almost as cold in this house as it was in the coop. Also took them some warm water. They are handling this cold weather better than I am!!
sickbyc.gif

:cd Warm oatmeal, left over scrambled eggs and couple of crumbled up biscuits from an early breakfast. Had to get up early to get a fire going....was almost as cold in this house as it was in the coop. Also took them some warm water.  They are handling this cold weather better than I am!!
:sick

Amen to that! The chickens really seem to be doing just fine with the cold while I have turned into a whiner! "It's too cold!"

I have recently come into quite the score! The Pre-K room where I work has just started eating their breakfast & lunch in the classroom. So all of the leftovers/scraps go into a bucket with a lid for me to take home. Today they're getting egg & cheese omelette, whole grain toast, whole grain hotdog buns, romaine, tomato & cheese salad, red apples & just a tiny bit of vanilla pudding. They chickens get soooo excited when they see me coming home with the bucket. Also, the school cooks save bread heels, uneaten rolls, biscuits, pancakes, waffles, etc and the cleanings from lettuce, carrots, tomatoes & cabbage. I'm very grateful that it cuts down on my feed bill a bit.

OOOOOooooooo!!! I have some heavy cream that needs doing something with......would that be alright?
That's what I use! My girls love heavy cream in their oatmeal. Just a little drizzle, I know they can't handle too much dairy. If it's about to spoil, you could try freezing it in ice cube trays, and then use one or two at a time to cool the oats down.

That's what I use! My girls love heavy cream in their oatmeal. Just a little drizzle, I know they can't handle too much dairy. If it's about to spoil, you could try freezing it in ice cube trays, and then use one or two at a time to cool the oats down.

You could also put it in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake, shake, shake. Before you know it, you'll have homemade butter!!!! YUM!!!

You could also put it in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake, shake, shake.  Before you know it, you'll have homemade butter!!!!  YUM!!!

Also an excellent idea! Nothing beats homemade, and if you're feeling really creative, you could add in some extra flavor, such as: lavender and honey, or garlic and basil, or thyme and oregano. Gourmet homemade butter!

Back
Top Bottom