What treat did your chickies get today?

I feed mine cherry tomatoes also from our garden. Scratch. Now I'm taking out some apple peeling. I hope that's ok to feed them. I haven't tried it before.

Apple peelings are just fine. My girls love them. I also hang apple slices in a suet feeder. Kind of a chicken pinata.
big_smile.png

Termites! I was turning over some logs looking for crickets and found a small nest of them. I scooped them up with a shovel and placed them on the floor of the tractor...it wasn't pretty. Those things must be the chicken equivalent of chocolate.

Hot oatmeal with craisins this morning. The last few days have been stormy, sopping wet, and very windy. And of course they insist on being out in it. They went to roost early last night, looking kind of ragged and soggy, so it was definitely a very appreciated treat this morning!.... well, except for the craisins. Didnt like those.

Id give them oatmeal more often if i thought they'd eat it with their layer mash mixed in. Has anyone tried that?

Today was clean out the fridge day, cole slaw, tomatoes, spaghetti & noodles, stew, tater tots, and Kentucky Fried Chicken, they liked it to.

Today they got the bananas that were even too mushy for banana bread. The next few days they will be getting the extras and excess of a prosperous flea market trip. I will use what I can for our family and the chickens will reap the benefits of the rest!

Grasshoppers. Grabbed a bunch out of my pasture. It's always funny to watch them play keep away. That and bread. One of my hens absolutely loooves bread for some odd reason.

Back
Top Bottom