What treat did your chickies get today?

I didn't give any of mine treats today. But tomorrow, I'm expecting a shipment of 1,000 super mealworms from Ghann's cricket farms. Some of those go straight into little jars to entice them to grow into pupae and then beetles (super mealworms won't change when crowded in a bucket with other mealworms, and they develop slower). Then about half of what is left will go to the box turtles (I have 5 adults and two babies, all with huge appetites) and the remaining 500 or so will go to the chickens. But with almost 30 chickens in the pen now, and most of them large fowl... I expect that remaining 500 super mealworms to disappear QUICKLY.

Last edited:
I didn't give any of mine treats today. But tomorrow, I'm expecting a shipment of 1,000 super mealworms from Ghann's cricket farms. Some of those go straight into little jars to entice them to grow into pupae and then beetles (super mealworms won't change when crowded in a bucket with other mealworms, and they develop slower). Then about half of what is left will go to the box turtles (I have 5 adults and two babies, all with huge appetites) and the remaining 500 or so will go to the chickens. But with almost 30 chickens in the pen now, and most of them large fowl... I expect that remaining 500 super mealworms to disappear QUICKLY.

My sons just found a tiny box turtle. What do we feed it? We stuck a small green tomato in with it and it appears to be taking little bites. I had my boys pick clovers for the chickens and put a few in with the tiny turtle too.

Today mine got broccoli that had been in the freezer a little too long. I thawed it out and warmed it in the microwave to warm their little bellies because it was cold and rainy today! They seemed to like it !

My sons just found a tiny box turtle. What do we feed it? We stuck a small green tomato in with it and it appears to be taking little bites. I had my boys pick clovers for the chickens and put a few in with the tiny turtle too.
our box turtle will eat cat food & tomatos. all veggies..

Back
Top Bottom