What treat did your chickies get today?

I must have strange chickens because they will not touch the mealworms. I've tried several times . Everyone else I know with chickens says their flock loves them :)
mine did that at first too, but i mixed the mealworms with some sunflower seeds and cracked corn ... now they go for the mealworms first... fast and furious
lol.png

The layers got a little bit of sweet goat feed--because I was too lazy to go get the BOSS. :)
The rest of the outdoors chickens got a loaf of oatmeal bread that was past it's prime.
The brooder got a few waxworms.
The geese/ducks were the winners today. I've been feeling bad about not being able to let them graze this week, so I picked up some greens for them--turnip greens, cilantro, and spinach.

Refrigerator is getting cleaned out tomorrow morning, so there will be lots of goodies for the livestock to polish off!

I must have strange chickens because they will not touch the mealworms. I've tried several times . Everyone else I know with chickens says their flock loves them :)

My fluff bums also didnt quite take to them initially. I know this sounds loopy but i introduced them with a plastic tweezer. One by one and caramba the 4th one that came out the box became a frensy.
1f601.png

mine did that at first too, but i mixed the mealworms with some sunflower seeds and cracked corn ... now they go for the mealworms first... fast and furious :lol:

I will have to try something like that. I was giving the mealworms to them because my sisters chicks went nuts over them and I wanted to give them a treat. One sniff and mine turned their heads and walked away. They won't even eat an earthworm that crawled over their foot ;-)

I will have to try something like that. I was giving the mealworms to them because my sisters chicks went nuts over them and I wanted to give them a treat. One sniff and mine turned their heads and walked away. They won't even eat an earthworm that crawled over their foot ;-)

Oh thats so funny
1f601.png
little horrors. Testing moms patience

Iv just discovered that myself about 10 minutes ago. They go gaga for corn. I hang them on strings so its a race to catch it. Great entertainment.
1f389.png

I will have to try the string. I usually hold it and they pluck away. It's hilarious really how they go crazy for it . They are really smart, when they hear me pull it from work, they get SOOO loud and start jumping around . Thats when I give them their corn and boy do they know it. At first I thought they were just happy to see me but , nah, it was just the corn
1f606.png

Lisprissy , they are smart indeed! I thoroughly enjoy their antics too. Lets put it this way, they must be happy to see mom otherwise how would they get their corn
1f601.png
. I consider it a successful day with introducing another new food. Ill get plotting on tomorrows treat idea.

Last edited:
Lisprissy , they are smart indeed! I thoroughly enjoy their antics too. Lets put it this way, they must be happy to see mom otherwise how would they get their corn
1f601.png
. I consider it a successful day with introducing another new food. Ill get plotting on tomorrows treat idea.

I think I may try watermelon this afternoon . Alot of posts on here about how their flocks love it! Cold treat on a warm day
1f414.png
1f349.png

Back
Top Bottom