What treat did your chickies get today?

I just fed my girls a cooked talapia filet in their tractor and they loved it!
I'd take a chunk and smush it through the hardware cloth so bits and pieces would fall to their feet, and they also hop up and grab little bits that were stuck to the hardware cloth.
my jealous dog is watching this, licking her chops. then when she thought I wasn't looking, she gingerly stepped up onto the side of the tractor and was licking the bits of fish off the cloth. I quietly laughed to myself as I watched the birds peck at her paws and her shocked response as she jumped down :lau:lau:lau

Was bribing my chickens today with a leftover hamburger patty to get back in the run. This was the first time giving them hamburger holy cow they went nuts over it. Normaly with something new they let Barbecue try it out then sample it themselves not today it was a stampede from the get go. Poor Princess Goldie (the only one paying rent right now) was in the coop laying an egg do she missed out. I'll have to make it up to her :)

20171103_061341.jpg

Oatmeal with some scratch, a little feed, a few chopped raisins and a couple scrambled eggs. Serving with a big side of mustard greens.

Back
Top Bottom