What treat did your chickies get today?

Today was oatmeal day for us and I always cook extra for the chickens, so the chicks got oatmeal with birdseed and sunflower hearts for breakfast. I have no idea what's for lunch, yet. Until I figure it out, they're down in the gully scratching away.

Love, Linn B (aka Smart Red) Gardening zone 5a - 4b in south-est, central-est Wisconsin

Quote:
My My your birds eat better than most people.
wink.png

a friend had brought over some of her what was suposta be compost but became goat and chicken treats
it had avacados and pumpkin/squash tops roman lettuce hearts and oranges apples and other yummys in it.

Quote:
Isn't it amazing how much CRAP there is out there! I did the same thing, my regular store was closed so I went to a different place and got CRAP. The shaving size is much smaller and some bark showing. And like you said, they don't smell as fresh either! I only used what I had to that day to get the job done and haven't used them since! I've been thinking about using them in the run...

I had one pumpkin outside and the top half of it was all mushy. DH cut it in half with his machete and took it in there and they gobbled up the mushy half right away. I guess they're saving the hard half for tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom