What Treats Can I Give Chicks?

new2chickens2011

Songster
8 Years
Jun 11, 2011
Hi! I have two three week old chicks and two one week old chicks....are there any treats I can give them that they would like besides their regular food?
Thanks!
smile.png
smile.png
big_smile.png

They love smashed, boiled eggs and yogurt. I mix both with a little of their starter crumbles and let them have at it. If you've never given them treats before, don't be surprised if they act as though you've thrown a rattlesnake in with them!

My 4 tiny serama chicks got some worms I bought from the feed store. They went crazy and was so funny to watch them play chase and tug o' war.
wee.gif
lau.gif

Worms, they like bread especially wheat crusts, watermellon rind, anything as long it is not poisionous or over salty. Mine would go nuts for the baby spiders in the spring. Just be sure to feed them some parakeet grit with their treats, I would sprinkle it on like salt. It is sure fun to watch them with worms, you could put a hundreds worms in with them and the first worm grabbed, all of the others swear it is the last worm and chase after the lucky bird, it is a riot.

Back
Top Bottom