What tricks does your horse do?

Quote:
6. Punt your fortex feed tub all round the front paddock, preferably to somewhere I cannot easily find it.

7. REmove your blanket without undoing any closures or damaging anything whatsoever, possibly by dematerializing then re-materializing.

8. Take off each others' fly masks, run around the pasture with them in your teeth, then lose them somewhere remote.

9. Undo stall latch.

10. Kneel down and squinch or roll *under* a gateway board approx 2' off the ground in order to get to very-slightly-greener grass on the other side. (This is my retired half-Lipp, I honestly do not know how he does it as I have never been able to catch him in action, and I do think that *sometimes* he has jumped the 5' fence rather than going under the gate, the twerp)

11. Convince us to keep them despite all of the above. The biggest trick of all!

Pat

My gelding drinks beer from the bottle all by himself. Very useful trick on long, dusty trail rides....

Yep, Dante has a home for life..... I've had him since he was 3.5 and now he's 19. My horses all do tricks they taught themselves also..... Diva my Quarb pinto likes to put her head through a gate and lift it up and off. She also uses her foot to splash out all the water in the water trough or breaks off all the water pipes, put her foot through everything, spring anyone that is penned up. My Mustang, Destiny likes to hop over the 3.5 hay manger wall to eat her hay. She also likes to bang on anything that makes noise or run up and down the fence to get the dogs barking...... then stare at the house to see if I'm watching yet.
lol.png

My mostly well behaved Hanoverian's favorite tricks are:

- Rip every new blanket he is given within 2 days

- Beg for peppermints every time I go near the drawer with his polo wraps and treats in it

My hellion of a retired QH on the other hand likes too...

- Unlatch his own stall by rocking the door back and forth until the latch comes off

- Let all of the other horses out of their stalls and take them for a self-guided trail ride

- Act like he wants a hug, then when you give him one bury his head in your belly and give you a swift push across the aisle

- Climb three stairs, open the tack room door, and steal all of the carrots and apples inside.

He is lucky he's 28 and my baby because NO other horse would ever get away with the crap that he does!

Quote:
6. Punt your fortex feed tub all round the front paddock, preferably to somewhere I cannot easily find it.

7. REmove your blanket without undoing any closures or damaging anything whatsoever, possibly by dematerializing then re-materializing.

8. Take off each others' fly masks, run around the pasture with them in your teeth, then lose them somewhere remote.

9. Undo stall latch.

10. Kneel down and squinch or roll *under* a gateway board approx 2' off the ground in order to get to very-slightly-greener grass on the other side. (This is my retired half-Lipp, I honestly do not know how he does it as I have never been able to catch him in action, and I do think that *sometimes* he has jumped the 5' fence rather than going under the gate, the twerp)

11. Convince us to keep them despite all of the above. The biggest trick of all!

Pat

12. Use food dish as a frisbee & entertain himself for hours throwing it & playing fetch with it.

13. Learn from the deer how to belly crawl under the fence to get into the mare pen......(unfortunately it was the stallion that learned this & which is why we are now having a foal this August)

Quote:

9. Undo stall latch.

Pat

12. Use food dish as a frisbee & entertain himself for hours throwing it & playing fetch with it.

13. Learn from the deer how to belly crawl under the fence to get into the mare pen......(unfortunately it was the stallion that learned this & which is why we are now having a foal this August)

Refer to #8 after removing fly mask, place it in the water trough along with other items that may be found aound the stall so they may sink to the bottom after splashing out half the water and making a mud hole.

I taught mine to bite my little brother when we were kids.
gig.gif
Does that count? It was great until my parents decided poor Cotton had to go live somewhere else.
hit.gif
I would have rather rehomed the brother.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom