What type feed should I be feeding my ducks?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by kylee2katie, Jun 3, 2010.

1. kylee2katie

kylee2katie Songster

May 6, 2010
    Stuttgart, Arkansas
    I have 4 ducks, between 9 and 10 weeks old. I have been feeding them unmedicated chick starter pellets. When do I need to change to another type? What would be best? I am in a small town, and will need to have our local hardware store order feed for me. I just don't know enough yet to be comfortable making the right choice on feed. Thanks for any help you can give!

2. crj

crj Songster

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    I have chickens but I would also like to know since I'm new at ducks. I have 6 fawn runner ducks that are 4 1/2 weeks old. I have them on starter/grower right now. They get grass during the day when I take them outside to go for a swim in there pool and some peas. I don't have there pen ready yet. I am amazed the different sizes of the 6. They were supposedly all 2 days old when I bought them. They are now starting to turn to a brown color.

[​IMG]

This is what they looked like last week. Much darker and bigger now. Since they are growing so fast I would like to know when and what to feed my runners. Do they get oyster shell like chickens?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: