What type feed should I be feeding my ducks?

kylee2katie

Songster
9 Years
May 6, 2010
Stuttgart, Arkansas
I have 4 ducks, between 9 and 10 weeks old. I have been feeding them unmedicated chick starter pellets. When do I need to change to another type? What would be best? I am in a small town, and will need to have our local hardware store order feed for me. I just don't know enough yet to be comfortable making the right choice on feed. Thanks for any help you can give!

I have chickens but I would also like to know since I'm new at ducks. I have 6 fawn runner ducks that are 4 1/2 weeks old. I have them on starter/grower right now. They get grass during the day when I take them outside to go for a swim in there pool and some peas. I don't have there pen ready yet. I am amazed the different sizes of the 6. They were supposedly all 2 days old when I bought them. They are now starting to turn to a brown color.

45848_5-28-10_1.jpg

This is what they looked like last week. Much darker and bigger now. Since they are growing so fast I would like to know when and what to feed my runners. Do they get oyster shell like chickens?

Back
Top Bottom