What type of Bantam could this be?

I appears that your farm supply store bought from a local, whom advertised their birds as Silkies. I commonly see *Silkies* for sale on Craigslist, and many of them are cross breeds, that have regular feathers. They make very nice pets, have very unique appearances, and are often more intelligent then Silkies. I honestly prefer the Silkie cross to a pureblood.
Sexing Silkies isn't easy, and neither is sexing a Silkie Cross. Sometimes you can sex them at eight weeks, other individuals can take up to four months.

I appears that your farm supply store bought from a local, whom advertised their birds as Silkies. I commonly see *Silkies* for sale on Craigslist, and many of them are cross breeds, that have regular feathers. They make very nice pets, have very unique appearances, and are often more intelligent then Silkies. I honestly prefer the Silkie cross to a pureblood.
Sexing Silkies isn't easy, and neither is sexing a Silkie Cross. Sometimes you can sex them at eight weeks, other individuals can take up to four months.

Thank you! They are only going to be for pets. These are both very sweet and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for girls!

The first white one looks like a Sultan. The second looks like a hatchery quality partridge Silkie. And the last looks like it might be a frizzled Cochin. Just guesses though....

I can't wait until they're old enought to tell wha tbreed/mix they are and the sex! The suspense is killing me! I'm a newbie to raising chicks, as you can tell!

Back
Top Bottom