1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What Type Of Chicken Is This???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by CochinBrahmaLover, Jan 8, 2012.

1. OK so we got some older chickens recently,and we want to know what one of our chickens are. She seems a little over weight but this chicken (Sweets) is well, sweet but ya she is OVER WEIGHT!! She doesn't look too fat but more fluffy but trust me, its not fluff its fat she weighs like 10 lbs. LOL (sorry forgot the picture)

here she is!!
    She really is nice, the glare makes her look mean though....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  2. Also if you know what domino is that would be GREAT!!

Shes a bantam and has some white coloring on her head, like white on top and just a few spots

[​IMG]

3. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    Do you know what color egg they lay? The first could be a production red.

4. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    I agree, if the chicken in the first picture lays a brown egg, chances are she's a production red.

5. BrahmaBoy27

BrahmaBoy27 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 8, 2012
    Altoona, kansas
    Second one looks like a Black Australorp!!!!!

6. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    Can you get a picture of the black bantam standing normally from the side, and try to include the tail and the face? Looks like the bird has some mottling, but hard to tell from the pictures.

7. we do have a production red and they look nothing alike. The second one has some mottling on the head and around the body. I'll try to get pictures later. Or get on the other computer where I do have pictures [​IMG] Also she weighs 2.5 lbs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by