What type of chicks are these?

I tend to agree with this BUT, being barred rocks, there are a couple of ways to tell which is which. One is by the head spot, small, well defined spot indicates female, large gloppy looking spot indicates boy. Also, darker legs when you look at them from the front, the females have darker colored legs. I can't see the headspots that well in these pictures but from at least one looks to be a female.
Thanks for the information! I will look at there feet and spots

I tend to agree with this BUT, being barred rocks, there are a couple of ways to tell which is which. One is by the head spot, small, well defined spot indicates female, large gloppy looking spot indicates boy. Also, darker legs when you look at them from the front, the females have darker colored legs. I can't see the headspots that well in these pictures but from at least one looks to be a female.
Except they probably aren't barred Rocks but rather black sexlink cockerels (which will have a single copy of the barring gene and will vaguely resemble barred Rock pullets until the rooster traits begin to show). Notice how the black wash you'd expect on a barred Rock pullet's legs is absent...

View attachment 1383824 View attachment 1383826 View attachment 1383827 View attachment 1383829 Hello I was sent 4 extra chicks with my order and I don’t know what breed these are? Any ideas?? These 4 are the same..
Barred Rocks
AC69D6B8-4E85-4D31-8230-C73C1F510B24.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom