What type of dog?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by mother o' chicks72, Dec 29, 2011.

1. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    This is Ferdinand, aka Ferdi. He is the sweetest dog. I know he's a mix, but not sure of what. Part lab?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    Yes looks like part Lab, but for us to make better guesses you could get some side standing shots and a better headshot not so close up [​IMG]

3. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    Quote:heh, he is a terrible model, i can tell you that much. He is less bulky than a lab and a bit smaller

4. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

I'm going with part lab, part big, soppy baby! [​IMG]

5. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    mother o' chicks72 :

Quote:heh, he is a terrible model, i can tell you that much. He is less bulky than a lab and a bit smaller

don't judge by the labs you are used to seeing in public! Labs should be much more slender than what you are used to seeing. [​IMG]

6. Kaitie09

Kaitie09 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    I have a lab mix that looks like your dog. The shelter said they think she is mixed with a hound. She also has a curl to the end of her tail. That side profile of your dog looks exactly like her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  7. Mrs. Feathers

Mrs. Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    It would help to have more of his body to see. His face, foot and "innocent" lab eyes look just like me daughter's mostly lab with a little dalmation thrown in.
    Here is a photo of her with the best body shot I have...she is 7 months and also not such a good model!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by