What type of duck is this?

I'd clip her wing she will go further and some have lost them. I clip I don't like to take chances.
X2 on clipping. We debated for a couple of weeks on whether to clip or not. I'm convinced that having the ability to positive control far outweighs the duck's ability to fly.
As long as we're providing adequate protection for them, they'll never need to fly. Just my two cents on the subject.

I've decided to clip her wing today. If I hadn't seen her fly off the other day, I wouldn't have even known where to start looking for her. And I'd be heartbroken if she disappeared because she would have plenty of predators to contend with. She's not nearly as tame as my other birds yet, but isn't actually afraid of me, so it won't be too hard to catch her.

Agreed. Good luck. None of our birds "enjoy" being picked up. There are one or two that tolerate it much better than the others. Fortunately, it's not brain surgery and quite easy to do. I really have to give credit to @Miss Lydia she's the one who convinced me it was in the best interest of all involved. So much easier to take care of, now that I don't have to climb on a roof to get them down!!! :)

Agreed. Good luck. None of our birds "enjoy" being picked up. There are one or two that tolerate it much better than the others. Fortunately, it's not brain surgery and quite easy to do. I really have to give credit to @Miss Lydia she's the one who convinced me it was in the best interest of all involved. So much easier to take care of, now that I don't have to climb on a roof to get them down!!! :)

It's is climbing on the roof is the pits. LOL

My drake who I don't clip Now that I only have him never tries to fly but why would he he has 6 girls to keep him home.
smile.png

When I had the 4 drakes I did clip their wing because in heated chasing One would inevitably fly over the fence and way to close to the river.
@tmorgan46 gorgeous avatar.

Best info on clipping I have seen
LL

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom